OWNERS, Brian Campbell (Left) - Lars Thompson (Right)
WHAT IS FUSION ATHLETICS ANYWAY?
This organization started with our first location, CrossFit Tides, located in a small space inside a warehouse in St. Joseph, MI. Since then, Fusion Athletics has grown. With our 9-year anniversary in October (2021) of this year, our emphasis has become living and breathing our core values; humble, hungry, and people-smart. With experience and tradition on our side, we have become a health laboratory where customers can experience everything – a great CrossFit workout, detailed nutrition counseling, and intimate personal training. On March 23, 2018 we took a huge step forward opening two more locations, CrossFit Torrent in Kalamazoo, MI and CrossFit Current in South Haven, MI. As we are very fond of our Great Lakes here in Southwest Michigan, each one of our gyms holds the reference of water in its name. This trifecta has helped us complete the health and fitness Bermuda Triangle that we call Fusion Athletics!
CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
I am a retired surgeon, and moved to South Haven from the Chicago area. I'm married with one son and two dogs. Golfing is my other passion (besides CrossFit).
How she started Crossfit and transitioned to coaching:
I have been doing CrossFit since 2013 and have been coaching since 2017.
Her favorite part of being a coach is….
Helping people improve their health
If Sara is not at the gym she can be found:
On the golf course
7 fun facts about Sara:
1. She was a breast surgeon for 35 years. I treated breast cancer and other breast disease.
2. She played handbells in my church in Illinois.
3. She has had three back surgeries and a knee replacement. These have not stopped her from doing CrossFit or golfing – yet…
4. Her son is an Ohio State Buckeye – sorry MIchiganders!
5. Favorite TV show – Breaking Bad
6. Favorite Movie(s) – Sound of Music (yeah, I know, I’m old), Pretty Woman
7. Favorite Book – any kind of thriller”
Manager/Coach CF L1
We have a small zoo at home with 9 pets, I am a girl mom to 2, and I love travel, scuba dive and enjoy being outside.
How you started at CrossFit Current and what made you transition into coaching:
I was looking for a way to stay in shape as a busy mom and small business owner. This had the accountability I needed, the fun I wanted and the competitive edge I love. (not that it’s a competition LOL)
My favorite part of being a coach is…
Seeing others succeed, celebrating their win and coaching them through a tough part of a WOD where you can tell they are contemplating quitting- seeing them dig deeper is inspiring.
If I am not at CFC you can find me:
Educating women on sexual health or with my family.
7 Fun Facts about yourself:
1. I grew up hunting and fishing.
2. I do handstands daily in my kitchen.
3. Sushi is my favvvvv.
4. I live for ice cream. (hence why I need CrossFit in my life)
5. Once I broke my arm at a rehearsal and still performed in a cast three days later.
6. Most tumbling skills I am still able to perform…..on a trampoline.
7. Don’t stand next to me when skipping rocks, I suck and may have been known to throw them down the beach.
Murph! Love what it stands for and pushes everyone in the box!
Also anything with rope climbs, toes to bar or handstands.
Other things to know about Amanda:
Prior to coaching CrossFit I have coached many years of competitive cheer and gymnastics with ages 4-18.
I grew up in South Haven and graduated in 1988. I have three kids Bree, Brandon, and Colin. I was in the Navy for 10yrs in the Nuclear Power Program stationed on the submarine USS Pittsburgh (SSN720) and taught at Naval Submarine School. I've recently moved back home to South Haven.